As communities across our state and around the nation work to slow the spread of the COVID-19 corona virus, we must remain vigilant and continue to do our part to protect those we love and care for. To aid in these efforts, the City of Stuart will be implementing or extending the following restrictions through April 30th at 11:59 pm unless otherwise cancelled or extended in writing by the Mayor:
• City Staff shall continue to work their normal hours Monday through Friday; however, the public is to avoid in-person
contact with them to protect their health.
• City Hall shall remain closed to all visitors; however, the public may still call or email City Staff or use the drop box
to the right of the lobby entrance door.
• City parks and City property, including but not limited to shelters and pavilions, shall be closed to all events and
gatherings. Restrooms on City property shall be closed to the public.
• City playgrounds are not to be used due to City Staff being unable to clean them in accordance with CDC
• All social distancing and other protective restrictions and guidelines imposed by State and Federal Officials shall be
automatically adopted by the City with or without local notice.
• The City Council meeting scheduled for Monday, April 13th at 6:30 pm will be held via teleconference. If you would
like to attend, a phone number and access code will be provided to the public. This will be placed on the Agenda.
Together, we’ll get through this.
Mayor of Stuart, Iowa